I love this Skinny Instant Pot Apple Cider, it’s only 67 calories per cup and tastes great hot or cold! Who doesn’t love apple cider? But those packets you can buy are full of preservatives and not at all healthy. This Instant Pot Apple Cider recipe is all natural and metabolism boosting—a drink you can splurge on without guilt!
Skinny Instant Pot Apple Cider
Makes 4 servings | Serving size: 1 cup | Cook time: 30 minutes | Prep time: 7 minutes
Per serving: calories 67; fat 0 g; saturated fat 0 g; fiber 2 g; protein 0 g; carbohydrates 18 g; sugar 15 g
- 2 tangerines or 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 3 Honeycrisp apples, cored and thinly sliced (any sweet apples will work)
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 quart (32 fluid ounces) water
- In the Instant Pot, combine the tangerine segments, apples, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, and water. Cover and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally. Use a potato masher to mash up the fruit in the pot.
- Strain the Skinny Instant Pot Apple Cider through a fine-mesh sieve (discard the solids). Serve the cider hot or cold, tastes great both ways.
P.S. I love to use this Instant Pot Cider in salad dressings, cocktails and marinades. So delicious and versatile!